1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Noise in front end when I accelerate

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 08:32 AM
toddinav
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise in front end when I accelerate

2000 2wd 127,000. like a light clank noise. A week ago I replaced the front brake rotors and pads with new ones. Took off the hub nut on the left side but not on the right. Now I hear a faint clank noise when I push on the gas from a complete stop. I live on a semi bumpy dirt road and also hear it just going slow(it's not as loud.) Brakes work great and the hub nut and lug nuts are torqued properly..Any ideas? thank you

Old 01-07-2012, 10:00 PM
ColoradoBronze

I am not sure if the 2WD has a front sway bar, but it might be a broken sway bar link if it does have one. Easy to replace if it is broken though.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:28 AM
moparmuscle
Amateur
Cool

check your controll arm bushings the passenger side uppers tend to prematurely fail do to the motor is offset to the pass side and the heat from the manifolds. open your hood and look down to where the control arm is bolted to the frame and make sure u see rubber between the arm and the nut/washer on both ends. mine started doing it everytime i went from reverse to drive then when i accelerate. looked at them and there was no bushing left

Quick Reply: Noise in front end when I accelerate