1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Blower motor resistor pigtail

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:29 AM
1stG92
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor resistor pigtail

Hello,I'm was changing the the resistor for the blower motor on my neighbors Durango and found her plug was burnt on the #5 wire.I need to replace the pigtail also. Wire had actually burnt off.My question is what years will fit her truck?She wants me to get one out of a junk yard due to prices of them.

"2001 Durango"

Old 02-13-2012, 10:08 AM
otgarzā
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe youd have to look at 01-03.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:43 AM
duramgo03
Professional

You should call your local dealer and have them cross reference numbers from your D to different vehicles.

When I had to change my resistor and pigtail in my D, I went to the dealer and asked if the plugs were all the same. The parts counter person told me that most dodges have the same pigtail plug. Difference is some pigtails have gold plated connectors and others don't. Some have thicker wires than others as well.

Or cut the plug out and bring it with you to the junkyard to match it up.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:18 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The dealer has a splice in kit that has been upgraded to thicker wires to hold the amperage. I would buy one of these and a new resistor. When you spice it in I would solder your connections and shrink tube the connection a few times.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:20 PM
otgarzā
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duramgo03
You should call your local dealer and have them cross reference numbers from your D to different vehicles.

When I had to change my resistor and pigtail in my D, I went to the dealer and asked if the plugs were all the same. The parts counter person told me that most dodges have the same pigtail plug. Difference is some pigtails have gold plated connectors and others don't. Some have thicker wires than others as well.

Or cut the plug out and bring it with you to the junkyard to match it up.
True about the gold plating. I bought the replacement at the dealer and it came with two sets of wires. Dont remember what it said, but you install which ever one pertains to your vehicle.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:18 AM
duramgo03
Professional

Originally Posted by otgarzā
True about the gold plating. I bought the replacement at the dealer and it came with two sets of wires. Dont remember what it said, but you install which ever one pertains to your vehicle.
Thats is what I did. I had the smaller zinc plated wires, in my D, which is what I used.

Quick Reply: Blower motor resistor pigtail