1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH HELP- Which terminal connectors are used?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Irish916
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH HELP- Which terminal connectors are used?

I kind fella on a motorcycle told me today that none of brake lights were working. Good to knew, eh? Well I found out that I had a lead wire that broke free of the wiring harness for the brake light switch on my 1998 Durango. I've included a pic of this. From what I can tell, it had some type of terminal connector krimped to the end of the wire and I need to know if anyone here knows what kinda of connector it is and where I might be able to buy on. The wire won't press back into the harness without it (it just falls out- no brake lights)

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH HELP- Which terminal connectors are used?-bls.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 02:57 AM
mikeismadness
Veteran

Looks like the other end that it would plug into should have circle pins, try ace or a hardwore store for the correct size that snugs tightly over the pin on the other connector

Old 04-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Irish916

Thanks for your response. I was able to pull out an unbroken plug from the harness. Looks like this is a proprietary terminal used with this connector. I've added a pic below.

I called the dealership, which at first they recommended replacing the entire wiring harness- which was laughable. They referred me to a web site that specializes in specialty wiring kits for mopar. It was on this site that I found that Mopar has a specialty wiring kit(PN/05183466AA) which appears to include 6 wires with specialty connectors attached, shrink tubing and other accessories to cut and splice this in. So I'll know in a few days if this is the track. Aside of the junkyard, I'm unaware of where I could get this type of terminal!

Attached Thumbnails BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH HELP- Which terminal connectors are used?-bls_wireout2.jpg  

Quick Reply: BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH HELP- Which terminal connectors are used?