1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Water in my oil :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 AM
mouthforwar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Water in my oil :(

There's water in my oil!!! I have the 4.7 engine. She started to overheat and at first we thought it was the thermostat. We found that the radiator cap seal was trashed so we replaced it along with the thermostat. NOPE! So then we replaced the water pump! NOPE! A new problem arose from the coolant filler neck so we replaced that....& all of the sudden there is a hole in the radiator...right in front spraying right at us!! O_o Then I change the oil.....I get some water that comes out first?¿ So I go ahead and change the oil filter & fill up the oil & there is now water in the oil! The oil pressure guage is showing a steady 3/4 up on the guage which is not normal......Oh and the volume/power **** on the radio quit working!!! A DEMON??¿¿ There is no white smoke so I'm hoping that it's not the head gasket!! Any suggestions before we go tearing this apart??? My X-Husband has vandalized my Trans Am already...I hope this is not something he's done!!!! Lamesauce!!!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:16 AM
hillbilli
Veteran

I would say HG. Unless you somehow got coolant down the oil pan when you replaced the waterpump or something. Never changed a waterpump on a dodge, but fords usualy have a gap filled by the waterpump and timing chain that coolant leaks into.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 PM
mouthforwar

Maybe?? It did not have water in the oil before we changed the water pump....I was checking. However the oil pressure was higher than usual before the water pump and is still at 3/4 just sitting still...??

Old 05-01-2012, 03:28 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

is this reading with the engine hot? bc when its cold the oil pressure will read higher, also check right after turning the engine off if the oil pressure gauge drops, you could have a sensor which is just reading high.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:28 AM
mouthforwar

Yeah it is when it's warm...doesn't move much at all when you accelerate either....I keep my eye on it usually. I went ahead and bought the head gasket set for it and we're about to get to know this engine a lot better. I'm not sure what else to do?? It's the only car I have and I need one yesturday I am pleasly surprised that it's been pretty easy to work on so far. This is the only problems I have ever had and I've owned it for about 5 years!

Old 05-02-2012, 07:29 AM
mouthforwar

OOps I meant pleasantly!!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:59 PM
mouthforwar
Default Well!!!

Yeah a head gasket is in order!! We took off the radiator and got it tested trough a local shop! It was trashed! So we got a new radiator to go with this head gasket set and we started taking it apart. Not sure if you can post pics but I will try! All I can say is WOW!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

Old 05-06-2012, 05:08 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

picture is not public so only your 'friends' can see it.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:29 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like a head gasket, but pictures help.

Quick Reply: Water in my oil :(