1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

All around lift with rear air bags

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 PM
RiverH
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All around lift with rear air bags

So I've got airbags in the rear that raise the back quite a lot, now I've heard that you can rotate something in the front suspension to raise the front, if I do that then fill air bags accordingly, will this potentiality be a free lift?

Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 PM
RollerRed
Veteran

Mabey...what your talking about is the torsion bars. Your rotate them a max of 8 times to get 2" in the front.
But be warned...buy rasing the rear of your D with air bags not only are you causing a harsh ride, you are putting strain on your rear suspension. Filling the airbags is meant to "level" a rig while towing, not to raise a unloaded rig. But to each their own.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:43 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah its the torsion bars. Keep in mind nothing is free. You would have to get an alignment afterwards. I did the t/s lift and it stiffened my ride up noticeably, I don't mind but I like the way old 1 tons ride so that is your warning/advice.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:47 PM
RollerRed
Veteran

adukart: You tow with your D alot. Any problems with the new shakles? Or suspension for that matter?

Old 05-02-2012, 01:18 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Nope the belltechs are holding up nicely. Now it help with rear end sag from the tongue weight. One thing that concerned me is that the leaf would flatten out, which they did, but not to bad now they still have a nice curve to them. Keep in mind my truck now has 168k on it so the leafs have some abuse. I would love bags but haven't overloaded my truck to that extent this year.

Quick Reply: All around lift with rear air bags