1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ABS Light and Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
bigred_84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Light and Vibration

I have a 99 5.2 4x4 and the ABS light just started flashing. Also there is a vibration i believe in the rear that you can hear quite well while driving. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be vibrating and do you think that is what is causing the ABS light to be flashing? you can also feel the vibration especially around 40 to 45 MPH. If i take it to the dealer will i have to take and program it back to stock? I have a superchip programmer on it now. Thanks for any advise.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 PM
bigred_84

Also noticed the other day on my way home I seemed to be going faster than everyone else but I thought I was doing the speed limit so I got out my GPS and it showed I was going ten MPH faster than what the spedo was showing.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:11 PM
autoshh
Rookie

We used to have a 00 durango that had this same issue. It ended up being a load of things gone wrong at once, and we got rid of it. I know one issue was a corroded wire under the dash that nearly shorted out everything, but I can't remember what else was wrong.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:19 PM
bigred_84

Well i took the Tuner off and the ABS light went off and hasn't come back on for the vibration it was a bad u joint replaced it and so for so good. Still dont know why the spedo was off once i took the tuner off it is right on. The problem is i have 31x10.5x15 BF on it so it should be off but as soon as i put the tuner on it and put in the tire size it throws it way off. So i just put it back as stock size and im good to go.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bigred_84
Well i took the Tuner off and the ABS light went off and hasn't come back on for the vibration it was a bad u joint replaced it and so for so good. Still dont know why the spedo was off once i took the tuner off it is right on. The problem is i have 31x10.5x15 BF on it so it should be off but as soon as i put the tuner on it and put in the tire size it throws it way off. So i just put it back as stock size and im good to go.
31x10.5x15 was a factory available tire size so I'm not sure why it's having problems with that.

Quick Reply: ABS Light and Vibration