1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

govenor

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 AM
dyson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default govenor

how can i make wy 1999 durango go faster without having to take it into the shop or payout the eyes to do it

Old 07-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dyson
how can i make wy 1999 durango go faster without having to take it into the shop or payout the eyes to do it

First we need to know what your budget is. Paying out the eyes is subjective and a rough dollar amount would help a lot.

Second, what routine maintenance has been done lately? There are things that when maintained can return some efficiency to the engine, thereby increasing available power and acceleration.

Third, are you interested in pure speed or speed as a byproduct of power? You can re-gear the rear end for a higher top speed, or a faster quarter mile time.

Fourth, how far can you go on engine mods before you don't have the tools or experience to do what may be necessary? Meaning, have you ever done engine work past changing oil or the occasional leaky gasket?

Once we know the above, we can try to suggest some maintenance projects that help restore lost power and then we can suggest things you can do to increase power based on your budget and what you're capable of doing.

Rule of thumb...power costs. There is no free lunch and no way around it. The cheaper the 'mod' the less likely it is to work and almost ANYTHING you've seen in an infomercial is going to be a complete and utter waste of money.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:22 PM
lvphotos
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hughesracing.com. Computer from srt hypertec ect will shut off governor 128mph for hyper. Had mine up to 120 on 35". 90 in desert.

Quick Reply: govenor