1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

BBK Throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Endgame26
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBK Throttle body?

Hey guys,

I'm considering ordering a BBK 70MM throttle body to put into my 4.7. I've heard great things about these, but I can't seem to find complete information anywhere. Would someone with experience be so kind as to tell me how big of a difference it will make in my truck's power/speed? (I already have a K&N CAI and a Magnaflow muffler with stock cat) and also, I have seen some people say they lost mpg, but some say they have gained up to 2mpg highway, any confirmation here?

Thank you!

Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Normally, you will lose mpg but not by much. I lost about .5 to 1mpg in a finely tuned and maintained engine. With bigger throttle bodies, you will get more air coming in so the pcm must take that extra volume of air into account and recalculate the air/fuel mix ratio to maintain the optimum ratio.

But you do notice some power gains in the upper rpm range now that your engine breathes much easier.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Endgame26
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will I notice quicker acceleration from a stop as well? By that i mean when i'm not punching the throttle or anything, just smooth from a stop light. Also, would I be able to just take the old one out and put the new one in without modifying my K&N intake tube? Considering the BBK is much larger than the stock

Quick Reply: BBK Throttle body?