1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 05:43 PM
cmcniel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help

Hi everyone,, My name is Chad and I own a 2003 durango with a 4.7L v8. About 2 weeks ago it over heated and so I changed the thermostat and the top radiator hose.. problem solved,,, on the test drive I got to a stoplight and it started running really rough and when I got home it died. Well I had a friend listen to it and he tolld me that the #2 coil or olug was bad, I changed all the plugs and all the coils... Well that didnt do much, still running rough, then all of a sudden this really loud knock started... I called my friend back to get his opinion on the matter... Ok here we are today and my friend came by and listened to it and said it sounded like it was outside the motor not in it and wanted to see how many cylinders it was running on,,, well he started unplugging coils,,, well he unplugged all but #5 and #7 and the thing was still running, he unplugged 5 and it died, plugged it back in and it started, unplugged 7 and it died again,he plugged 7 back in and the thing started and ran at idle but still missing badly,,, Any thoughts??? Please help, I love this suv and cant really afford another engine....

Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

deleted