1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Question about lifts

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 09:51 PM
CaptKidd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about lifts

So the question is if you install the 3" body lift and the 5.5" suspension lift, can you then run 35s? Also has anyone installed a winch on the front of their Durango? If so which winch and which bunper did you use?

Old 09-29-2005, 08:21 PM
t.lay
Default RE: Question about lifts

I've been looking into this - Winch bumpers are not easy to come by for the durango/dakota. I'm leaning toward the road armor bumper. For the lift - you may have some interference issues with 35"s with more to do with tire width. Most of what I have seen are 3" or 3 1/2 lifts with 33"s. I've seen a couple of rigs go big with solid front axle conversions.

Old 09-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Dave in LB
Professional
Default RE: Question about lifts

For a winch/bumper mount check out this web site. Also to run 35's i don't think you will need to lift your truck 8.5". For instance you can do a 2" torsion bar/shackle lift for about $50 and a few hours of time. That alone will fit 33s. Also check to ouside tire diameter of the tires you intend to use. For instance a BFG OTD for the AT/ko is 32.7" in a 33x10.5x15 so you can see you don't need as much room as you think for the tires. Articulation may be abother matter. Add a body lift if you must for another couple of incehes and 35s is pretty doable. Don't forget that you will need to swap out your front and rear gears on a Durangofor those tires as the Diffs don't seem to be strong enough to deal with tires that big and heavy for a long period of time.

http://www.kenmtn.com/

Quick Reply: Question about lifts