Heater and Rear Wiper

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 11:01 AM
lvphotos
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater and Rear Wiper

1998 5.2 Slt
Poked around and did not see the answer to my Question. The defrost works ok but dosen't seem to switch to floor heat. Still comes out the side dash vents. The return hose is not hot either. Is there a control valve to look for or is it a vaccume leak causing the switch over issue. Broken Trap door? Flush the core? Is it safe to use CRL? We always had an additive at the shop.

Also on the to do list. Rear Wiper Works but is sputtering ----- as it makes it trip, wiper pulled up off the glass as not to scratch it. I can manipulate it with the switch to get it back down, on/off. Would this be a switch or a motor issue? I think I probed the motor and came out with 12v but that was awhile back.
ps go vote for me on the ROTM thread. Thanks, Chad

Last edited by lvphotos; 10-22-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 AM
cummingetit
Professional

Can you get air from your upper vents? If the circ door gets stuck i think it only comes out the def. I noticed on mine there is an actuator with a yellow and light blue vacuum line attracted to it right above my gas pedal. It feels very loose like it isn't mounted to anything and i get very little to no heat on the drivers floor but good heat on the passengers. Maybe we have the same problem?

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 10-22-2012, 11:29 AM
cummingetit
Professional

By sputtering do you mean it chatters across the window or it starts and stops? Mine kind of chatters and seems very hesitant to wipe. I have noticed that the arm is very stiff on mine and i think as it moves across the contour of my window it gets resistance in the highest spots and slides easier across the bottom and straight up.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 PM
lvphotos
Veteran

I get air in the side vents but low flow to floor no warm air. Sounds like the fans on high but air is traped in a duct. The return line is not hot. Had it hot this summer. Fogging up the windows and a little steam, off the hood, in the rain this morning promted me to take a look. Wiper wise it is in the "up and out" position when I tried it. That is the original wiper by the looks. It stops and goes and I work it with switch to get back.

Ok, so I ran to the store and let the heat go, the heat stoped at the factory butt-connector and not to the firewall. Ran around with heat on, 73 degrees out, the line got hot(operating temp 180) the return I can still hold. Warm not hot, good I would say, not hot like other trucks. Could there be air in the system or is it cooling off enough through the core?

Last edited by lvphotos; 10-22-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 PM
cummingetit
Professional

You could have air in it. I always have to pull up on a hill, or put my back tires in a ditch to get the air out of my heater core. Its kind of annoying.

Quick Reply: Heater and Rear Wiper