1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

starting issue solved,

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 AM
krupaeric
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting issue solved,

ok so for a while now i have been having issues with staring my durango, and the dealership told me i needed a block heater installed.
WRONG!!!!
so on saturday morning as i was getting ready to leave work at 7am. i couldnt get my d started. it just kept turning over and over and every now and then it would spit and sputter but clunk out.
so after 3 hours of trying to figure out what was wrong with it i tested the ohm drop across the coil and bam!!! found my coulprit!!! the coil was bad! called auto zone and had them set aside a coil and cap and rotor.
as i stated on another thread i had ordered a tune up kit from rock auto. well as of saturday i was still waiting for it to come in the mail. so i called them and had them cancel my order, come to find out they never processed my order as to why i was still waiting for it, but they already charged me for it, so i had them reimburse me. ugh what a pain.
but any ways in the pouring i was bent over the hood of my d installing my new cap rotor and coil.
vromm!! she started right up.
and i have to tell you to i havent felt power come out that truck like i do now. my coil must have been bad for quite a while now.
and my d still had the orrigional coil on it from the factory. it lasted almost 180,000 miles. wow.
also i had to go on a trip this weekend and we decided to take my d and my milage went from between 8-12 city to 11-15 city and when i was on the highway i got 20mpg!!! i was shocked!
does anyone else on here get 20mpg with a lifted d with oversized offroad tires and a full load in side the vehicle?
with everything that i have done to this truck it fells like im driving a new vehicle now.
the throttle response is great, it has excelent passing power, and now it gets great gass milage!
i couldnt be happier with it now, when i first got it, it was on its way to the chopper, i saved it from destruction! but since march i have put over 4 grand into it!
at least i have a dependable vehicle that i have built!!!!!

Quick Reply: starting issue solved,