1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango 4.7 struggling to run smoothly

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 05:35 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

chances are you can make it to the weekend just fine, is the oil on the threads, the electrode or the insulator?, sounds to me like its on the electrode as if it is burning, that will most likely be a gasket, seeping either into the plug hole directly, or into the intake and making its way in through the valves.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Rawyzf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get the CEL codes just by turning the key to the on position (not starting) 3 times.

Off, On, Off, On, Off, On...then the milage area will say Pxxxx and then Pdone when finished.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:14 AM
buffalocalzone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
chances are you can make it to the weekend just fine, is the oil on the threads, the electrode or the insulator?, sounds to me like its on the electrode as if it is burning, that will most likely be a gasket, seeping either into the plug hole directly, or into the intake and making its way in through the valves.
That was the answer (or possibility) i should say i was hoping for! thanks so much, i'll be on it Saturday and hope to wrap it up- so far so good as far as running right again- thanks again

Quick Reply: Durango 4.7 struggling to run smoothly