1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

rear engine/transmission mount?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:42 AM
kfinks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear engine/transmission mount?

Pulled engine and tranny and replaced with rebuilts. But I am not sure I got the rear engine/tranny mount back in correctly. Something just doesn't look right. I have attached a picture. Any thoughts?

Is there supposed to be a steel bracket that sits on top of the crossmember with the mount resting on it? There was nothing when we pulled it, but the rubber mount just hanging through the hole doesn't seem right.

Attached Thumbnails rear engine/transmission mount?-rear_engine_mount.jpg  

Last edited by kfinks; 12-18-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added info
Old 12-19-2012, 10:44 AM
kfinks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kfinks
Pulled engine and tranny and replaced with rebuilts. But I am not sure I got the rear engine/tranny mount back in correctly. Something just doesn't look right. I have attached a picture. Any thoughts?

Is there supposed to be a steel bracket that sits on top of the crossmember with the mount resting on it? There was nothing when we pulled it, but the rubber mount just hanging through the hole doesn't seem right.

Found a drawing. Should there be a bracket of a similar contour between the mount (1) and the crossmember that would provide some support for the mount from underneath, or does it just hang through the hole?

Attached Thumbnails rear engine/transmission mount?-transmission_mount_cropped.jpg  

Quick Reply: rear engine/transmission mount?