1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ABS BRAKE dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 11:13 PM
erroneous
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS BRAKE dash lights

After reading all youse guys posts, I went to get this part from the dealer today. Mysteriously the same people work there however its a "new name" (all they did was remove the guys name from the store, but whatever) under management, blah blah blah
Part # 5014787-AA is "changed" he said, now there is like this separate mini 6"wiring harness that jumpers the vehicle wiring to the sensor, hopefully they gave me the right one. I told him it was on the rear differential.
I was wondering how you others made out, as I plan to do this on Sunday, My bro in law has the OBD code reader and he's bringing it over.

Thanks
E

Old 09-10-2005, 06:17 PM
erroneous
Default RE: ABS BRAKE dash lights

Replaced rear ABS sensor. Idiot Lights went out themselves !!!

Old 09-11-2005, 08:02 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like you nailed the problem.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:17 AM
89_ho_rs

I just did the same thing this weekend. the only prob I had was the plastic gear on the bottom broke off inside the hole. I had to pic the o-ring out and then work the rest of the gear out. It took a little longer than I thought. but now the lights are out and I don't have to wait till I am going 25 to see how fast I am going.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:55 PM
erroneous

Actually it took me about 2 hrs with an oil change. The damn thing was "crusted" into the hole and I wound up breaking it to get it out (the ol vise grips). AND the new one didnt wanna go back in easy either, I wound up cranking down the bolt that held it in to seat it, and then removing the bolt and reassembling it with the sensor shield and the brake brake line mounts in place.
BUT IT WORKED!!!!!
How do I know when the tranny sensor or the streering knuckle ABS sensors are shot, will I get the same symptoms?

Old 10-15-2005, 06:16 PM
rjsimmons

I have a similar issue with my '00 5.9 SLT. The ABS and Brake light are constantly illuminated and the speedometer drops off below 18 MPH. I believe them to be related, but if anyone has any thoughts, send them along.

Randall

Quick Reply: ABS BRAKE dash lights