1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

'02- 4 wheel, rear wiper, and auto door locks working erratically.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Kingsblue
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '02- 4 wheel, rear wiper, and auto door locks working erratically.

I have an interesting problem. I'm not sure if the 4 wheel drive is related to the other two but here goes. When I bought the 2002 Durango about a year ago everything worked fine. I had only used the 4 wheel drive once or twice but the rear wiper and automatic door locks (over 15mph) worked fine. Then I noticed the rear wiper and auto door locks working erratically. It seems to correspond with bumps (like maybe a loose connection or ground.) Well then my 4 wheel drive got stuck in 4. (FYI: I do not have a 4 high and 4 low, only 2 or 4 wheel drive switch on the dash.) My mechanic pulled out the transfer box and said it was freed up but the electrical part wasn't working. He thinks it's not getting the signal from the switch on the dash but doesn't have the correct schematics for my year with the switch on the dash that doesn't have 4 low. He can't seem to find them.
I'm wondering if it's all somehow related and there's a ground wire that's common or even a 12v feed wire that's common to them all or maybe a control module that's common. I've read on here about a TCCM but I'm not sure that's what's wrong because my lights on my switch worked (they just flashed on the 4 wheel drive side.)
Would anyone have any ideas or schematic diagrams for me? It's an '02 Durango, automatic, with the 4.7L V8, four wheel switch with indicator lights on dash.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. There's a storm a comin. :/

Quick Reply: '02- 4 wheel, rear wiper, and auto door locks working erratically.