1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Good battery - all was fine - now nothing... No power anywhere

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 05:30 PM
webdzynes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Good battery - all was fine - now nothing... No power anywhere

I have a 2000 Durango. It hasnt been driven much over the past few years but has been running fine. I would start it at least once a week just to circulate fluids. Anyway, started it about 3 days ago to let it run for awhile, drove it around a few blocks and then shut it off. Went to start it today (4 days later), and there is no power anywhere. No lights horn, locks - absolutely nothing. As I say, it was just fine. I even tried to jump it thinking maybe the battery died but even when hooked up (jumped to another running car with high quality cables), the dome lights don't even come on... There appears to be no full circuit of any kind anywhere. Is there a fuse which might have blown exactly when I shut it off last which might be causing this?

Any help is appreciated...

Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by webdzynes
I have a 2000 Durango. It hasnt been driven much over the past few years but has been running fine. I would start it at least once a week just to circulate fluids. Anyway, started it about 3 days ago to let it run for awhile, drove it around a few blocks and then shut it off. Went to start it today (4 days later), and there is no power anywhere. No lights horn, locks - absolutely nothing. As I say, it was just fine. I even tried to jump it thinking maybe the battery died but even when hooked up (jumped to another running car with high quality cables), the dome lights don't even come on... There appears to be no full circuit of any kind anywhere. Is there a fuse which might have blown exactly when I shut it off last which might be causing this?

Any help is appreciated...

There is a main fuse (140A) in the PDC under the hood.... its highly unlikely that you blew that but its worth a look i guess

Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 PM
webdzynes

Originally Posted by Old_School
There is a main fuse (140A) in the PDC under the hood.... its highly unlikely that you blew that but its worth a look i guess
Thanks! Is it a fuse which if blown is visible? If not, how do I check it?
Thanks

Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by webdzynes
Thanks! Is it a fuse which if blown is visible? If not, how do I check it?
Thanks

You should be able to tell my looking at it if its blown or not but, its always a good idea to double check it with a multi-meter...

Old 01-16-2013, 01:44 PM
greasydriveway
Rookie

Did you clean the battery terminals? I've had to do it a couple times to bring my durango back to life.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

you cannot tell if a fuse is blown by looking at it, must ust a multi-meter to test continuity

Quick Reply: Good battery - all was fine - now nothing... No power anywhere