1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2002 durango left turn signal is emergency flashers

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 01:24 AM
sdbiddle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 durango left turn signal is emergency flashers

Hello all, its been awhile since i was here last. We had a 1999 durango, and have now upgraded to a 2002 yay! LOL, anyways when i turn on my left turn signal to go left, my emergency flashers flash. When i go right, its my right turn signal. I do not have any issues with anything else, headlights low high, brakes, etc. Just the left turn signal. If anyone has any solution or a known fix any help would be great. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sdbiddle
Hello all, its been awhile since i was here last. We had a 1999 durango, and have now upgraded to a 2002 yay! LOL, anyways when i turn on my left turn signal to go left, my emergency flashers flash. When i go right, its my right turn signal. I do not have any issues with anything else, headlights low high, brakes, etc. Just the left turn signal. If anyone has any solution or a known fix any help would be great. Thanks.

Sounds like something went bad in the combination switch ( the turn signal lever) the turn signals and the emergency flashers are in the same switch hence "combination" switch.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:12 PM
sdbiddle

We have replaced the turn signal switch, and no change. Im getting the flasher relay here in a little bit to see if that is it. If not im stuck and not sure what else it could be.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i would lean towards the combination flasher byself, the multi-funciton switch only controls the turn signals iirc, the emergency flasher switch is on top of the steering column, wouldnt expect that to be the problem

Old 01-25-2013, 06:37 PM
sdbiddle

Well we changed out the flasher relay..... great news! I now have fully functioning turn signals and hazard lights. The part was $47 at carquest, where everyone else wanted $70+ including the dealer. Thanks all.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Harle

We were having the same problem with our 02 Durango. My husband changed all the bulbs and that didn't fix the problem. Today he went out and bought the flasher relay to try that . For some reason he decided to check the size of the bulbs in the book at the store again and found out they take a different number bulb in the front than the back. The book at the first store he was at only showed one size bulb for both.Turns out we didn't need the flasher relay. Cheap and easy fix. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case someone else had the same experience.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:08 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

The bulbs 3057 and 3157 bulbs are exactly the same except the one is slightly (so slight it isn't noticeable) brighter.

Quick Reply: 2002 durango left turn signal is emergency flashers