1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Superchips AND Sct

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:05 PM
AppelH
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Superchips AND Sct

So this may come across as a tupid question, but I wanted some verification. I am going to be the new owner of a 2000 Durango 5.2 shortly. I currently have a superchips tuner(bought used off ebay)that I used on my 99 RAM (which i will be getting rid of), but after extensive browsing of these forums, I have come to the conclusion that the SCT tuner is the better option. So my question is this: Is it possible to use the SCT tuner for the power tune and still use the superchips to adjust for wheel height etc? I read that the SCT tuner does not do any diagnostics or tire height adjustments like the superchips does. Or should I just send the superchips tuner out the door with the Ram? I never really noticed a difference with the superchips anyways.

I am only thinking this is may be an option because I think it might be possible to leave the truck at its "stock" setting while still adjusting for larger tires, unfortunately I am unable to actually test this for a little while.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:54 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

My sct does do dtc's but does not do tire height/gear ratio re-calibration. I would think if all you did was adjust the tire size and stuff you should be fine, don't stack tunes it is VERY DANGEROUS. It will advance the timing to much and cause a lot of spark knock. Best of luck, you could get a hypertech speedometer calibrator too.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:23 PM
AppelH
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea i wasnt going to try to stack tunes, but you never know it might double the power! haha I will look into the speed calibrator Im pretty picky about my speedo being right.

Quick Reply: Superchips AND Sct