1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Got build sheet, very interesting...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
AppelH
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got build sheet, very interesting...

So I got the build sheet for my 2000 Durango. When I bought the truck, the guy said himself or someone had replaced the motor because something happened to it. He said he wanted to keep it original, so he replaced the 5.2 with another 5.2(supposedly). However, it turns out that according to the build sheet it had the 5.9 from the factory. So how do i tell what motor it really has? Also when i was servicing it, before I knew this, I ordered the transmission filter kit for the 5.2 and put that in. If the rig had the 5.9/46RE, would this filter kit have fit? I almost hope it is not the 5.9, otherwise it seems to be lacking power.

I learned my lesson about buying a rig like this. There were all kinds of things unbolted and/or missing bolts completely. It doesnt have any of the skid plates or dust cover, and was missing the clutch fan like I mentioned in a previous post. I dont know how i missed all this, because I thought I had looked over it fairly well. I guess these are not the things one would normally look for.

I also learned that the D has a security system. Does this mean I can get a key fob or whatever they are called somewhere?

Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Name:  engineid_zps9630c123.png
Views: 38
Size:  17.5 KB

Also, if your build sheet says "keyless entry" then you can get the FOBs but the first one has to be programed by the dealer or a locksmith

Last edited by Old_School; 03-08-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:31 AM
AppelH
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok. I wonder if the left front corner is if you are looking at the motor from the front vs sitting in the cab. I am assuming that getting the key FOB from the dealer would be fairly expensive.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AppelH
I am assuming that getting the key FOB from the dealer would be fairly expensive.
i was quoted $126 each last time i asked, and another 50 or 60 to program.. i cant remember for sure... i ended up getting a new one on Amazon for around $30 then, two weeks later found two free ones in the junkyard, the first one i paid the local locksmith $20 to program it. Once you have one working one you can program the rest yourself.

Last edited by Old_School; 03-09-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Got build sheet, very interesting...