1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

99' Front Bumber

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Reyncat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99' Front Bumber

Hey there,

My '99 Durango's front bumper has two large (little bit bigger than a 50 cent peice - the money that is) rust spots on it. I'm trying to find the correct part to order so I can replace it myself. The problem is that I'm confused as to what part it actually is. The rust appears on the panel just under the hood but above the piece with the fog lights...It appears that it is two different sections (an upper and lower) The lower being the one with the fog lights and the smaller being the one just above it. I'm trying to replace the upper smaller panel. Does anybody know what this is called and where I can find one to replace it? I've been to a body shop and they quoted me something like $600.

Thanks!

Reyncat

Old 09-24-2005, 03:07 AM
budman5555
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 99' Front Bumber

It must be a common problem on the 99 durango. I have one on the driver side bumper. Let me know what you find out. Matt

Old 09-29-2005, 08:03 PM
t.lay

It is pretty common. I've seen plenty of durangos and dakotas with rusty bumpers. Personally, my wife has taken out the front bumper on our 99 D twice. It is a 2-part deal - the upper steel part runs about $75.00 - you can find it on a zillion aftermarket part sites (like partstrain or similar) - beware of shipping charges - some places will charge as much as the part itself. The lower part is readily available. From really cheap to a couple hundred dollars. You can find Dakota parts way cheaper (with the same OEM part number as the Durango piece). The last one I bought was $35.00 plus shipping. The pieces come off with 6 bolts. The lower section is screwed on from the inside with torx fasteners. Next go 'round I think I'm just going to buy my wife a road armor bumper (1/4" steel).

Old 10-10-2005, 11:06 PM
kent_08
Rookie

as what t.lay said, there are lots of stores out there.. im sure finding bumper for your car is easy.. try carpartswholesale.com, i heard they offer great discount..

Quick Reply: 99' Front Bumber