1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

pls help.!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 12:21 AM
project D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pls help.!!

I just purchased n 02durango 5.9liter 4x4.. whats a good performance intake manifold, throttle body, heads n cam combo to get some fun outta my new ride.. Im lowereing it as well, so any advice there would b greatly appreciated as well. Sorry if its a same ole same ole newbie question. But i jys need il advice from

Old 05-07-2013, 01:04 AM
DyingBreed
Professional

Lowering a 4x4??

Old 05-07-2013, 08:44 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

^^ I'm just as confused too.

Most people here want to raise their trucks up a few inches, which is done by getting lift shackles for the leaf springs and cranking the torsion bars 8 turns tighter. I suppose to lower it you would just do the opposite, get some lowering shackles and loosen the torsion bars a few turns.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:34 PM
project D

Yes... i want to lower my 4x4. Sounds crazy i guess, but ..... Its just i like the street look as opposed to the raised n lifted off-road look. Im not wanting to put air bags or hve it draggin the ground by no means as well. Jus give it a clean leveled 2"-3" lowered style. N still hve a fully functional 4x4. Luckily i found a local shop that can just about do anything as far as customizing im wanting. Thanks for the replies, ill try n take pics along to show the progress..

Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 AM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Edlebrock heads, a modest cam (hydraulic roller type) with an intake duration of 206 to 213 @.050" and a lift around .480 at 1.6:1 rocker ratio. At least this is what I have been reading. I'm gonna do a cam this summer so I've been doing some research. As for the intake a mopar or hughes/edelbrock airgap with a fastman 50mm or 52mm throttle body. Hemifever tuning has a pretty good rep for doing custom tunes and can tunes. If you want to lower your truck, I prefer lifting but a street look could be nice with these, get some lift blocks for a regular leaf setup. Because our leaf springs run under placing the blocks in will lower the truck instead of lifting it. Just use the torsions to lower it up front, I would only go 1.5-2" but remember to go lower than what you want and crank the torsions up to the desired height. Other wise as you drive the suspension will settle even more and that could create some issues. Hope this answered some of your questions. The guys over on bionicdodge.com do a lot of the motor building stuff so I would snoop around there a little bit.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:13 PM
project D

Awesome! thanks for the help! Ill ck bionicdodge for sure.. i appreciate all the advice! cant wait to get this project going.

Quick Reply: pls help.!!