1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Need to do a new exhaust setup,need some suggestions

Old 05-23-2013, 10:44 PM
jsnm
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need to do a new exhaust setup,need some suggestions

My trucks a 99 5.9 w almost 190k miles on it,the original exhaust has about rusted through,leaks and the cat seems to be going bad as well.
The manifolds are still good,so I want to leave them be.
I basically need a new converter and the exhaust back,
Wouldn't mind doing aftermarket,but I want something very quiet,not looking for a loud annoying tone at all since its my daily.
Is there bolt on options out there for the cat and exhaust?
I see summit has magnaflow direct fit cats for the truck,anyone have experience with them?
Any opinions on be exhaust?
Thanks

Old 05-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsnm
My trucks a 99 5.9 w almost 190k miles on it,the original exhaust has about rusted through,leaks and the cat seems to be going bad as well.
The manifolds are still good,so I want to leave them be.
I basically need a new converter and the exhaust back,
Wouldn't mind doing aftermarket,but I want something very quiet,not looking for a loud annoying tone at all since its my daily.
Is there bolt on options out there for the cat and exhaust?
I see summit has magnaflow direct fit cats for the truck,anyone have experience with them?
Any opinions on be exhaust?
Thanks

When i replaced mine, i got a direct fit OEM cat... I bought mine locally but, Rockauto has them for under $200. Found a Flowmaster 50 SUV online for $119. Then i bought a OEM "Y" and tail pipe. I have a little over $250 tied up in it and i have everything from the manifold back is new.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:08 PM
cmikolajczyk
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best is to check your local shop, they may only offer certain varieties. It may only cost 20-40 dollars more to have it put on at a shop, then buying the stuff from the store. Just my opinion though.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:52 PM
jsnm
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds good,my pipes are all jacked up from previous owner gobbing on that exhaust patch stuff.Plus the y-pipe to manifold bolts are like pretzels,so not even attempting to remove them.
I called my local exhaust guy,quoted me roughly $450 total,new cat,and magnaflow exhaust back.Doesn't seem to bad,second guessing doing myself after looking at it again.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsnm
That sounds good,my pipes are all jacked up from previous owner gobbing on that exhaust patch stuff.Plus the y-pipe to manifold bolts are like pretzels,so not even attempting to remove them.
I called my local exhaust guy,quoted me roughly $450 total,new cat,and magnaflow exhaust back.Doesn't seem to bad,second guessing doing myself after looking at it again.

To each there own, not everyone has the option to DIY. i just know from my experiance i saved over $100 doing it myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to do a new exhaust setup,need some suggestions