1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Privacy Curtains for Camping?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:08 PM
TisMe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Privacy Curtains for Camping?

I will be going camping and sleeping inside my 2002 SLT+.

I need curtains that cover around the 2nd and 3rd row seats. So I need a curtain for the left side, one for the right side, one for the rear and another spanning from the driver's seat to the passenger's seat.

Where could I find these? Please provide details as I have searched without any luck. Thx!

Old 06-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will most likely need to buy material and make something yourself... i have never seen or heard of any curtains for our truck... Honestly, your the first i heard of someone camping in it.. i suppose you could tho.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:25 PM
wes_wes101
Rookie

I have camped in my Durango before, but I've only needed a privacy curtain once, and that was to keep out light.
I put a sun shade in the front and draped beach towels over all of the back windows. It wasn't a perfect solution, and I had to borrow the beach towels from other friends that were camping, but it worked for 2 nights.

In your case, I think you could use a collapsible curtain rod behind the front seats. For the trunk and 3rd windows, you could cut fabric to fit and use Velcro strips to hold them in place, and I guess that would work for the 2nd windows too. Heck, I might have to try this myself the next time I go...

Old 06-22-2014, 07:45 PM
DyingBreed
Professional

Cardboard.
Cheap, easily manipulated and shaped via sharp object, shape it tight enough to fit next to the window, cant see through it, easily disposed of. Just a option.

Quick Reply: Privacy Curtains for Camping?