1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

98 durango 5.2 want more hp

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 02:05 AM
OddBall85
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 durango 5.2 want more hp

As stated I have a 98 Durango with a 5.2 I have a k&n cold air already I was wondering what are the cheapest/best parts to buy for maximum performance/hp gains I have been looking around the web but can only find intake exhaust and chips but I would like to do some engine work as I do not have the money to go and buy a engine with the power I would like nor the space/tools for an engine swap. Honestly I would like to be able to double my hp if possible.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:20 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

You will not be able to double HP with bolt ons. Unless you are willing to spend mega bucks on internal engine work to go along with a turbo, your not going to get much. Less restrictive intake (which you have), free flowing exhaust (catback) and a tuner will bet you the most out of it without major expense.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
You will not be able to double HP with bolt ons. Unless you are willing to spend mega bucks on internal engine work to go along with a turbo, your not going to get much. Less restrictive intake (which you have), free flowing exhaust (catback) and a tuner will bet you the most out of it without major expense.

+1 ...

Quick Reply: 98 durango 5.2 want more hp