1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Dead spot under load

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 12:01 AM
Cheat
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead spot under load

I have a 2000 durango with a 5.2L, Ive been fighting misfires and several other problems. This all started when I pulled the dash to replace the fan. After that I drove home (hour drive) in heavy snow. It was intake backfiring and just plain down on power to the point that doing 35 felt like I was trying to make it go 120.

After replacing the coil and sparkplug wires the constant miss is gone but im presented with code p0132 and the occasional to cold to long code. Which I have fixed with some cardboard till I can afford to put a 195* thermostat in it again. The 180* is opening to soon. (more like 165* according to the scanner)

Now when taking off from stops using normal throttle it just plain acts like you turned the fuel off (air sucking sound from CAI and no power, intake pops) At this point I can either let off and press it back to normal again to fix it or just WOT and it goes away.

Does anyone know a fuse that can be pulled for PCM reset without loosing my radio settings? Call me lazy, but pulling the neg terminal and loosing the settings after just getting this new radio perfect will drive me insane!

Last edited by Cheat; 03-09-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Dead spot under load