1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

HELP !! Alarm issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Lisa Kelly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP !! Alarm issues

Someone Please help I have been reading several posts on alarms and how to turn off no help

Ok so here is the story bought used 98 Durango do not have key fob ...Locked my doors with the inner door lock , unlocked with original key and alarm started going off , tried everything listed , even had a locksmith come out this morning we thought to get a key fob would shut it off and his computer cant talk to the car he cant help ?? IDK

But thought maybe it was the CTM ? or something else ??

Help !!! need the car and its not going anywhere as it wont start ...I have tried everything I read about already am I missing something ??

Old 08-15-2015, 10:00 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Is this a factory or aftermarket system? If aftermarket have someone who knows what they are doing take it out. If its factory try resetting the alarm instructions found here https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...going-off.html
One time I had to break into mine to get the key. Lock all the doors manually, before you close the last door pop the hood. Then close the last door and disconnect the battery. Let it sit for 30mins, thats how long I let mine sit, reconnect the battery. Then unlock the door with the key, it should beep 3 times to signal someone has tampered with it. Then you should be good to go. It wouldn't hurt to get the battery tested and clean the terminals up while its disconnected. These computers hate bad batteries/connections.

Is that name an Ice Road Truckers reference by any chance?

Last edited by adukart; 08-15-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Lisa Kelly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried everything , I actually read that thread and many others on the forum I tried everything ..let it off the battery overnight on the battery overnight ..Its on its way to dealer tomorrow to cost me an arm and leg to figure out its stupid simple ....

And no that's my actual name , but my husband is a trucker and I love ice road truckers and give them kudo's and the utmost respect for doing what they do

Quick Reply: HELP !! Alarm issues