1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

01 Durango Slipping on up shift after 2nd p0700 code

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Ma6tk8sh1tek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Durango Slipping on up shift after 2nd p0700 code

2001 Durango SLT 4.7 4WD 45RFE? 183k miles. I can put it in drive but when it gets to the point where is should normally shift into third gear, it slips and goes into low. I can shift down into 2nd and drive it fine granted I keep it under 45. There aren't any clunks, clanks or clicks and no starting or driving issues in any other gear. Also getting a P0108 and 0455 codes. Where do I start? I have changed the fluid (mopar ATF4) and both filters since the shift issue. The fluid was read for a change but it wasn't burnt or discolored and the bottom of the pan was fairly clean. Any help would be great since the transmission shop is booked up for the next two weeks and I'd rather not drive in 2nd gear for much longer. I apologize if I'm posting an unnecessary thread? Searched for similar posts and I'm stumped...

Old 03-07-2016, 07:30 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Shoot master tech a pm, he's the transmission guru around here. I don't really know anything about the 45rfe

Old 05-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Ma6tk8sh1tek
Default Update no 2-3 upshift

Originally Posted by Ma6tk8sh1tek
2001 Durango SLT 4.7 4WD 45RFE? 183k miles. I can put it in drive but when it gets to the point where is should normally shift into third gear, it slips and goes into low. I can shift down into 2nd and drive it fine granted I keep it under 45. There aren't any clunks, clanks or clicks and no starting or driving issues in any other gear. Also getting a P0108 and 0455 codes. Where do I start? I have changed the fluid (mopar ATF4) and both filters since the shift issue. The fluid was read for a change but it wasn't burnt or discolored and the bottom of the pan was fairly clean. Any help would be great since the transmission shop is booked up for the next two weeks and I'd rather not drive in 2nd gear for much longer. I apologize if I'm posting an unnecessary thread? Searched for similar posts and I'm stumped...
45RFE transmission 01 Durango 4x4 183k mi:
I installed a master kit including clutches, seals and O-rings. The clutches that 3rd gear uses were obviously worn out and burnt. I replaced the o-rings, seals and valve body screen. Master Tech also gave me a heads up on the valve body spring plate. Three of the screws had worked loose and it would have been a matter of time before a spring or two found their way into the pan. He said it was a common problem on the 45RFE so I cleaned up the bolts and placed some thread lock on all of them and reinstalled the transmission. The master kit and a full weekend saved me roughly 2000 bucks over having a shop rebuild it or buying a remanufactured transmission! Problem solved...the money I saved will pay for the TCM upgrade to get the available 5th gear turning it into a 545RFE without touching the tranny at all. Now that's cool! Thanks Master Tech!

Old 06-26-2016, 07:36 PM
Hdz Ech Robert

My 45 RFE is now slipping on First and Second and wount go into 3rd.
When the problems started I changed the Torq converter. Temp fix.
After that the Solenoid Pack, Temp fix.
After that the Valve body.
The FLuid was very dark and the TransTemp light came on before the valve body replacement.
Also my External Cooler seemed to be plugged.
I think its time for another transmission... :-(
How can I upgrade IF POSSIBLE

Quick Reply: 01 Durango Slipping on up shift after 2nd p0700 code