1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Who makes the best In-Channel Wind Deflectors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 03:58 PM
jrkyle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes the best In-Channel Wind Deflectors?

I have a 2002 Durango R/T and I'm looking to purchase some wind deflectors. I've checked many websites and come across WeatherTech, Wade, and AVS as the most popular. I have read conflicting feedback about the durability. For example, when I posed the question about the Wade deflectors to four different customer service reps. online, three said that you could go through a car wash with no problem and one said it wasn't recommended. I had one rep. tell me that Wade was fit better than WeatherTech that stuck out further and that Wade was more stream line. I also read that the Wade was great and I also read that they were not. Some questioned the fit and mentioned that they would fall out. The only thing is I don't know what type of vehicle these people had. So if any of you have any information that could shed some light on the situation, it would be very much appreciated. Also, if any of you have any photos of a 1st generation Durango with In-Channel deflectors installed on it, I would appreciate it if you could upload to this thread and to give me your feedback and share your experience with the deflectors. Thanks in advance for any information.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:59 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I'm partial to ventshade, but they are pretty much all the same.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:43 PM
jrkyle

Do happen to have any pictures that you can upload? I'd like to see how they look.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:44 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

No. Like I said, they all look pretty much the same.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:19 PM
jrkyle

Thanks for the video jkeaton I appreciate it. I was hoping to get some feedback as far as durability, how good they fit, scratch resistance, etc... I've read the pros and cons in some reviews of the different manufacturers. I was hoping to get some information from some 1st generation owners experience with the manufacturers I mentioned. I plan on making a purchase soon. I would like know what is quality and what is junk.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Daves69
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a used set of in channel Reese Outfitters (I believe) off my '02 that got smacked if you're interested. Would need new tape to set.