1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2001 Dodge Durango Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 03:56 AM
afineAmerican
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Durango Transmission Problem

I have a 5.9l 2001 Dodge Durango with 46RE trans. To begin, I have already replaced the the governor pressure sensor, the speed output sensor, the transmission fluid, and the filter. I have also adjusted the TV cable because my problem has to do with having late shift points. What is happening is that if I get in the vehicle and drive after it has been sitting all night for instance, I am getting a normal shift out of first which occurs at about 2,000 RPM just under 20 MPH which seems fine, that is where I believe it should normally shift. The problem is that once I get on the pedal and demand acceleration (or when I am merging on to the freeway and the vehicle has to downshift to get up to speed), the car will seem to remember the later shift and all of the sudden it will not shift until 2,500-3,000 RPM even when accelerating slowly, until (seemingly) it sits overnight again. Is it possible that this could have anything to do with the front or rear bands? Or possibly the valves? I am not too familiar yet about Dodge transmissions so I need some helpful advice! The gear position indicator is also off, when I put it on 2, the vehicle goes to 1st gear; I do not think this is my problem, but it might be a part of the problem.