Throttle lever seal

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle lever seal

98 Durango. 4X4, 5.9. 46RE.

Okay... I'm in the middle of replacing my shift selector shaft seal. I got that seal and the throttle valve lever seal from the dealer yesterday. I have the valve body out and everything already. It's not going back in tonight thank god. Anyway, the throttle lever seal I believe was in upside down but need to know for sure as I can't find a parts break down in the Dodge FSM. Every seal I've ever replaced has had the solid side out (away from fluid) and the "hollow?" Side in (against the fluid) but this one was backwards when I took it apart so I want to make sure I do this right before I put it back together. The picture of the old dirty one is how it came out. The way I think is backwards. The other picture is the new one. The way I think it's supposed to be

Throttle lever seal-photo270.jpg

Throttle lever seal-photo416.jpg

Throttle lever seal-photo342.jpg

And a Photo of the entire valve body in a kitty litter pan just in case anyone was curious

Old 12-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So it was right when I took it apart. I'll leave this thread here in case anyone has the same question and stumbles upon my thread. It looks backwards of most seals I replace. Not sure why it's like that, but it is.

Quick Reply: Throttle lever seal