1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Dakota Windshield on a Durango?

Old 12-30-2017, 08:54 PM
TwoHunnaDurr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dakota Windshield on a Durango?

Hey all,

Still working on my $200 salvage title Durango. It's been a slow process with school and all. Finally got around to removing the old driver side fender and headlight. Purchased a new fender and headlight for $100 off of a guy on Kijiji.

Those are knocked out of the way so now I'm onto getting a new windshield. Trying to keep costs low since the car isn't worth much and a salvage inspection in Alberta is $400 at the minimum. I've talked to a few shops about the inspections, and my front windshield being cracked would end up causing a fail of the inspection. Now my plan is to get a new windshield and either A) Try to install it myself or B) Hopefully be able to bring the cost way down on a professional repairing it since I'm supplying the part. The dilemma is tracking down a windshield though. There are tons of Dakotas in the 97-04 range that I could hopefully get a windshield off of from either another dude on Kijiji or maybe an auto parts yard. Not many Durangos around.

So in short: If I can get a windshield off of a Dakota, will I be able to install that on the Durango or is it just the fenders/bumper that are the same on the front end?

EDIT: I called the Dodge Dealership. Looks like I'm SOL, but the window will NOT work from every 1st gen Durango or 2nd gen Dakota. It'll work from the 02-03 Durango and 02-04 Dakota

Last edited by TwoHunnaDurr; 01-03-2018 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Info addition
Old 12-30-2017, 09:09 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can go to any web site that sells glass and see that the part numbers are the same.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:24 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed. Check P/N online. The biggest difference that people don't notice, is the front door on the Durango is shorter than a Dakota door. This is to make more room for the rear doors and whatnot. Now... on club can Dakotas, they may use Durango doors. Not sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dakota Windshield on a Durango?