1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Radio cuts out while driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 06:50 AM
C'Quinton Gann
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio cuts out while driving

Ok before I jump into this problem stumped an clueless I would like to see if anyone else has had this issue or would know where to lead me. The radio has been cutting in an out since I had bought this Durango it has the stock radio in it and speakers all sound good. Believe it may be a short in the antenna wire but not sure. it will work and out of the blue it will cut out and stay off for 5 min, 10 min, or sometimes cut right back on. can anyone help me out?

Old 02-16-2018, 08:19 AM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Define your use of 'cut out'. Does it loose power? ...or zero sound to speakers? ...or loss of proper radio signal?

Old 02-18-2018, 08:18 AM
C'Quinton Gann
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It puts out a loud static and looses sound to all speakers as if its shorten out somewhere, sometimes the sound will fade real low or either it looses power to only certain speakers. Also, Having a problem with the O/D kicking off while driving it is actually shifting out of o/d most the time just hitting the o/d button on the shifter will kick it back in o/d. more than likely it will kick right back out until you keep the speed over 50-55 not all the time though. Haven't had time to really check it out yet but it seems to show signs off wanting to heat up as the heat guage will bounce up a bit but will go right back down. I have heard to check the check valve for flow? correct me if I'm wrong. Aint exact of were the check valve line is located on a 00. It is my fathers Durango I'm just trying to find him some answers for him cause he is stumped and cant figure these issues out and it frustrates him more than usually at a old age and lacks computer knowledge to figure issues out a lot easier most the time.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:13 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds like some goofy electrical stuff with the radio, od, and temp gauge. Did this all start at the same time? How old is the battery?

Quick Reply: Radio cuts out while driving