1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Cannot seem to fix Idle Air Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 10:08 PM
timmmmehh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cannot seem to fix Idle Air Control Issue

Hey there. I have been trying for a few months now to solve this dreaded issue I am having with my 2002 Dodge Durango. First thing that happened was it stalled right as I was leaving to go somewhere and it kept stalling every time I tried to leave. It eventually stopped starting at all and after getting the error code P0505, I replaced the IAC valve with a new one from AutoZone. About a month later the problem came back. Took it to a shop that charged me 300 dollars to put an O-ring on the valve which was missing. Did not fix it. Discovered resetting my car (disconnecting the negative terminal) for a minute would temporarily fix the problem. Since then, I have replaced a cracked hose, the IAC valve again, tried jumping my car when it wouldnt start (recommended to try by a mechanic to see if it was the battery) and nothing.

I really dont want to keep throwing money in the dark at this point. One thing to keep in mind is I replaced the PCM due to a "noBus" error I was getting about a year ago. I bought a refurbished and pre-programmed one off of ebay which did the trick for a while. Could it have something to do with my current issue? Im trying to get in contact with the company that sent me that PCM right now, however they have not replied to me yet.

Any ideas?

Old 03-12-2018, 08:07 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

You said you had to jump it, so sounds like you've got a weak battery. That'll upset the computer and cause idle issues.

Quick Reply: Cannot seem to fix Idle Air Control Issue