1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2002 dodge durango, auxiliary water pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 07:08 PM
Mps771977
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 dodge durango, auxiliary water pump

Hey everybody I'm new to the site so I'll try not to sound to dumb. Ok I have a 2002 dodge durango with a bad auxiliary water pump I got the pump on the outlet side there's a hose that connects to this splitter thing where the one hose in and out the back 2 hoses attach I assume one goes to the rear heater core and the other one goes to the right and goes to the front I assume so that splitter thing crumbled in my hands so I have to order a new heater hose in the meantime I know you can bypass it but I'm not totally sure on how it's done if there's anyone that knows how to bypass the auxiliary water pump until I get the hose back any help would be very much appreciated thank you so much Matt!

Old 05-08-2018, 08:48 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Punctuation would help, a LOT! That hurts my head to read. When my pump went bad I 'shorted' out the in and out of the heater lines at the front of the motor. I strongly advise to also buy the dealer part for that 'Y' hose and not try to fab up something with a 'T' fitting. (Been there, done that, wasn't pretty, bought the right part.)

Old 05-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Mps771977
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary water pump

Sorry bout that! I don't really know what you mean by shorting out. I thought there was a way with a 90' degree elbow to bypass the pump. Do you know anything about that? I appreciate your reply I didn't think anyone was going to answer me!

Old 05-09-2018, 08:50 AM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You apparently have two things worng, if I read right. You said the electric aux pump is bad, and the also said the plastic Y hose fell apart. I was on the interstate when mine went bad, so I had to improvise with only a few tools. The return hose from the heater system goes to the top front of the motor, the driver side a bit if I recall. The hose leading to the aux pump also starts at the top front of the motor, more to the passenger side. I disconnected the return host at the motor. Then I disconnected the input hose to the aux pump at the aux pump, then bent/routed it back to plug into the return fitting on the motor front. The heater water then just looped (was shorted, electrical term) right back to the motor. It doesn't mater if it's a bit kinked, since you're not really flowing anything meaningful. You are just trying to make it not leak.

Quick Reply: 2002 dodge durango, auxiliary water pump