1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Django Durango

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 08:17 PM
Zingo
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Django Durango

Just picked up this '03 Durango yesterday for my other half to drive and thought I'd share. It's nothing super special but I feel we got a fair price and it's much better than her problematic tapped out s10 blazer which it is replacing.

The previous family owned it for 10 years and it has pretty new brakes, ball joints, wheel bearings, CV axles, tie rod ends, drive shaft, and some other front end stuff. Nice and tight. Nearly new 265/70/16 tires and alignment. 209k miles.
Seems to run, drive, and look pretty good, just about everything works correctly for $950!

There's a few small things that I'll be doing to it soon here like a rear wiper motor, master window switch, general tune up with spark plugs, clean throttle body/iac, air filter, etc; fix the rear hatch latch, try and repair what little visible rust has started.
It has a small oil leak that the previous owner thinks was coming from the oil pan gasket, haven't decided if I wanna let it ride and deal with a drip or two here and there for a while, or try and drop the pan which I hear is a pain.. if I remember correctly I've read that the front diff has to be dropped or something ?
The transmission fluid level didn't even register on the stick 😬 but it shifts perfect so I was willing to take a chance on it being barely below the stick. I've been slowly adding some each time we drive it until it's full again. Don't see any visible leakage so hopefully it has such a slow leak somewhere somehow it won't even matter anytime soon.
It has an exhaust leak (or leakS) somewhere under the cabin so we have a good excuse to put some new exhaust on it and make it rumble a bit 😎
Pretty excited to use it for vacations it's a smooth ride.
She named it Django (from Django Unchained) haha

Last edited by Zingo; 07-13-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:12 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds like a good deal. Make sure you're checking the trans fluid in neutral when warm.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:25 PM
Zingo
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found out the transmission pan gasket was leaking. And I don't think it's actually leaking engine oil at all. What the previous owner and myself thought was engine under the truck, was actually transmission fluid. I found this out after adding enough fluid to reach the gasket and come out MUCH faster than originally when it was low.
It'll all be back together today probably with new filters, gasket, pan, and fluid.

Quick Reply: Django Durango