1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Power Door Lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 04:40 PM
dabobbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Door Lock issue

Hello! I'm helping my neighbor with his 2002 Durango SLT (I have a 98 Durango) and he is having an issue with the power door locks. I just put in a new master switch in the drivers door which fixed his window issue (only the driver was able to open windows, now all window s on all doors work) but his power door lock issue persists.

If all of the doors are unlocked, the door lock switches and the keyfob will lock all doors. If all of the doors are locked though, the door lock switches will only unlock the drivers door, even the one in the passenger door. The remaining 3 doors and the hatch remain locked. I'm assuming the actuators are good, there is no binding when unlocking by hand, plus the lock function works fine.

Any ideas what I should look at first?

Bob

Old 07-20-2019, 07:08 PM
KDodge75
Rookie
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The power windows issue is caused by broken solder joints on the circuit board inside the master switch. I fixed mine with a soldering iron a few months ago. Very, very common issue.

Sometimes the wires break inside the boots that feed from the pillars to the doors. I had to pop mine free and pull them back so I could solder the wires back together. Several had broken completely from years of opening and closing doors.

Quick Reply: Power Door Lock issue