1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Heating problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 11:40 AM
kielmeyer1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heating problems

Hi new hear looking for answers, my wife was given a 2000 Durango with a 4.7 l, noticed check engine light checked it seen O2 sensors bank one and bank two so I changed them. After putting the vehicle back together cleared the codes ran vechicle for about five to ten min check engine light came back on bank one sensor one. Now car is getting hot getting to about 204 degrees and starts to shutter could over heating be the cause of a fault code.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:47 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 592 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by kielmeyer1
Hi new hear looking for answers, my wife was given a 2000 Durango with a 4.7 l, noticed check engine light checked it seen O2 sensors bank one and bank two so I changed them. After putting the vehicle back together cleared the codes ran vechicle for about five to ten min check engine light came back on bank one sensor one. Now car is getting hot getting to about 204 degrees and starts to shutter could over heating be the cause of a fault code.

Lot's of things can cause the O2 sensor to trip. Replacing a sensor that's doing it's design parameter is counter productive. You need to find out why it's getting hot. Stuck thermostat? Stopped up radiator? Blown head gasket? The first step to track the problem down is to get a remote infrared thermometer. They are a little pistol shaped thing, often with an aiming laser. You can then point it around to see where the engine is getting hot.

Quick Reply: Heating problems