1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Rke programming issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 11:39 PM
Rods28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rke programming issues

Hey Guys! I've got a 99 Durango with the 5.9 engine 4wd, the previous owner just gave me the key and no key fobs (RKE) so I Order them online with the part number given from the dealer; I took it to a locksmith but he couldn't program it due to a NO COMMUNICATION WITH THE MODULE. I thought that maybe he did something wrong in the process; so, I took it to another locksmith. He used up to 3 different scan tools and got the same result: No COMMUNICATION but this time scan tool said (MODULE not found). So I started looking for information on the service manual but everything related to CTM MODULE works perfectly! Lights, cluster, door locks, windows, head console etc even VTTS (when armed pressing the lock buttons from inside and closing the doors!)and indicator "security" flashes in cluster. Does anybody dealed with something similar? Any clues? Thanks in advance

Old 09-28-2020, 10:15 PM
Rods28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rods28
Hey Guys! I've got a 99 Durango with the 5.9 engine 4wd, the previous owner just gave me the key and no key fobs (RKE) so I Order them online with the part number given from the dealer; I took it to a locksmith but he couldn't program it due to a NO COMMUNICATION WITH THE MODULE. I thought that maybe he did something wrong in the process; so, I took it to another locksmith. He used up to 3 different scan tools and got the same result: No COMMUNICATION but this time scan tool said (MODULE not found). So I started looking for information on the service manual but everything related to CTM MODULE works perfectly! Lights, cluster, door locks, windows, head console etc even VTTS (when armed pressing the lock buttons from inside and closing the doors!)and indicator "security" flashes in cluster. Does anybody dealed with something similar? Any clues? Thanks in advance
Well, if any body reads this, the solution was to use the original Scan tool from Chrysler the Dbr iii. I went today to another locksmith and he tried with a generic scan tool with no success, then he used the DBR iii and “voila” the 2 key fobs were programmed!! 😃 They work great!

Quick Reply: Rke programming issues