1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Replacement Driver Seat Track

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 03:36 AM
jcmontoya
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Driver Seat Track

Having some trouble finding a replacement for the left driver side motorized seat track/rail of my 98 Dodge Durango. Does anyone know if parts from 98-03 of Dodge Durango/ Dakota will fit it? Or where I could find a replacement? Manual works too, preferably with a motor though. The closest part I could find was a T217 for a 1998-2003 Dodge Durango / Dakota Power Seat Track W/Switch Power Lumbar Passenger. Also was wondering if the passenger track fits the driver side. Thanks.

Old 05-23-2021, 03:12 PM
sporta
Veteran
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jcmontoya
Having some trouble finding a replacement for the left driver side motorized seat track/rail of my 98 Dodge Durango. Does anyone know if parts from 98-03 of Dodge Durango/ Dakota will fit it? Or where I could find a replacement? Manual works too, preferably with a motor though. The closest part I could find was a T217 for a 1998-2003 Dodge Durango / Dakota Power Seat Track W/Switch Power Lumbar Passenger. Also was wondering if the passenger track fits the driver side. Thanks.
I've swapped seats from an '01-'03 Durango into my '00 with no issues (except for no heat, but I'm working on adding that). That being said, my roommates '99 seat looks like it's identical. So long story short, you should be able to swap in any '98-'03 Durango seat. Check pick n pull...might be able to get them on sale.

Steve

The following users liked this post:
jcmontoya (05-24-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 08:51 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

I put seats in my 01 from a 98 that I found in the junkyard, they were (and are still) perfect. I couldn't believe it that I found such a nice set of seats in the junkyard as I did. No heat (original ones did) but I haven't missed it) and original ones were both power/ on these only the driver side is power, but again haven't missed it

I have the originals in the attic, id sent the driver side out to have the cushion on the bottom rebuilt, and the typical corner that wears away, fixed. Plans are to swap out the ones that are in there now to put the originals back in.
Used to be a hot topic on the forums 10 or so years ago about the play in the power mechanism on those seats, wasn't a hard fix at all, might search for that?
my original driver seat had a little bit but not as bad as other Durango's that I've driven over the years. I'm gonna be searching for that fox myself before I swap the original seats back in. I think my son wants the seats currently in the Durango for one of his old trucks.

Quick Reply: Replacement Driver Seat Track