1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango Tranny Failure: Chrysler Canada RUDEST CSR's around (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Durango Tranny Failure: Chrysler Canada RUDEST CSR's around (rant)

I just wanted to let everyone know about my past experiences with Dodge. I am loyal to Chrysler/Dodge products. My first car that I owned was the 85 shelby charger. That charger made my college life a living hell during its 5 year warranty period and I nearly wanted to drive this thing off the hill!. It is in the shop at least once a week and my GPA suffered because of lack of transportation to school! But I stuck with it and all my problems were gone when I went to a different dealer with reputable mechanics that actually knew what they were doing. My faith in Dodge products went back up when it was not their fault, but the local mechanics that nearly destroyed my car that was at fault. So when I decided to buy the 2000 Durango, I did my homework on the dealer and its customer and auto service background before buying the Durango.

So my 2 cents is before you buy your favorite vehicle from a dealer, do a background and reference check before you deal with them. Then do a background check on the car itself if you are buying used. Just cost an avg of $15-$20 for a simple background check on the car. It will let you know if it was in accidents, how many owners it was transferred, etc..

I am the second owner of this R/T. Only bad thing about the car background check, they do not tell you if the previous owner had pets!!! It took me almost a year on and off to finally get all the pet hairs off the cloth part of the fabric on the back of the second and third row seats! At least it did not have any pet smell, else I would not have purchase the SUV.

I like to buy the Charger SRT8 as my next car, but now will wait for the Challenger SRT8 to come out and see what performance packages will be offered for this guy. Wished it had a manual stick!

Old 02-23-2006, 03:14 PM
20durango00
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Durango Tranny Failure: Chrysler Canada RUDEST CSR's around (rant)

I feel 4u. Here's the record on our 2000 2wd Durango, bought new, has 31,000 mi. today. All 4 of the power window motors shorted out over a 2 month period (warranty replaced) / left side leaf spring was popping and knocking (warranty replaced) / warranty is now gone = fan clutch went out and dealer wanted 250.00+ to fix, I fixed it myself at a cost of 35.00 / now the horn-ac compressor fuse keeps blowing and I'm sure it needs to be scanned to pinpoint problem, more wasted $$$$. Guess I'll have them fix it when we take it in for the balljoint recall. Also, the windshield produces a distorted view on the sides and has abnormal air noise on highway. This durango also has always had a lot of bump steer, don't know if the 4wd's have this or not. I do the routine service on all 3 of my vehicles, I know what parts cost, can't wait to see what the dealership charges me for a fuse.

Quick Reply: Durango Tranny Failure: Chrysler Canada RUDEST CSR's around (rant)