1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

A/C blows hot when idling/under 35mph

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 06:53 PM
blondie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C blows hot when idling/under 35mph

Last week I bought the 2004 SLT 4x4 Sport Durango. Had 50 miles or so (Brand New) I brought it back to the dealer 3 days later as the a/c blew hot when sitting in traffic, going at a slow speed, or idling. The temperature guage seems to also rise slightly above midline towards the hot. Dealer took 2 hours to tell me at first, they "think" it may be a gas saving feature, when the outside temp rises above 100, and that a switch needs to be flipped to turn this feature off. Then I was told by the manager"They needed to reprogram the computer". Then, they finally handed my vehicle back to me and stated"It was short 1/4 on freon, and they put dye- to check for leaks, which there were none." So, I took it home. It was fine for a day, and now it is back blowing hot air at these various times. I am about to call the dealer once again, and have them keep it until they fix it!. I live in Tucson, and last week was over 110 degrees every day, I am not happy. Anyone that has any input I may relay to dealership/service center would be great. They need to fix it now. What I don't want to happen is to keep bringing it in with another bogus answer. HELP

Old 06-07-2004, 08:54 PM
seanery
Rookie
Default RE: A/C blows hot when idling/under 35mph

read some of the past posts on this topic. this is common, and one lister seems to have the problem and fix figured out.

Old 06-08-2004, 01:04 AM
chrisandclauida2
Rookie
Default RE: A/C blows hot when idling/under 35mph

i thought i had this one fixed.mine was a pound over on freon. it worked fine till today. i had the same problems as you did.once the gage went over half the ac would shut off.today it didnt go off till i reved the moter till 2000 to bring the temp down while idleing the damn thing went off again and i had to turn off and re start to get it to go on. keep us informed on what fixes yours.

Quick Reply: A/C blows hot when idling/under 35mph