1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

03 Durango: Replacing Blower Motor Resistor Block

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 01:23 AM
hmibarrylsalter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by appleorchard
Ok, that was pathetically easy to replace.

The resistor is mounted vertically beneath the passenger console...it was a little trick to dismount/remount, but overall it only took 10 minutes (including backing out and pulling back in to the garage!

I spoke with a buddy who had this done at the dealer...cost him over $175. He was rather disgruntled when I showed him the quick-fix.

Two note:
* My 2003 matches the picture exactly, but I'm going to need resister and new harness piece, mine is a little crusty. Penny Pincher has both in a kit for $11
* Recently my home A/C went out. I knew it was the reversing valve. Someone told me it was the cyliniod. One place wanted to replace the whole thing $4800 (outside only). Down to $500 to replace the valve and add gas. By recommendation we called this one company who came out and after seeing it, offered to put in a relay to boost it, $200 and 30 minutes later it's working great and continues working today. $10 part plus $190 knowing what it needed and how to fix it. I'm not upset, not at all, I'm enjoying the a/c and the savings over the rip off artists.

Quick Reply: 03 Durango: Replacing Blower Motor Resistor Block