1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Central Timer Module on a 98 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:44 PM
cvwbecker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Timer Module on a 98 Durango

Hi guys-

Had the D out on some trails in Moab last weekend and shook her up a bit. Now, the courtesy lights don't come on, the door-open/key-in-ignition chimes don't work, and the power locks & wiper delay function is out. (Interestingly, I can still UNLOCK the vehicle with my aftermarket remote, but can't lock it either remotely or with the power lock inside the vehicle.)

After doing some research, it seems the most likely culprit in the CTM (Central Timer Module). If anyone has other ideas as to the culprit, please let me know. If not, I need to know definitively where the CTM is located on a 98 Durango. I've read posts claiming it is anywhere from directly behind the glove box, to the right of the glove box under the air vent, to the left of the instrument panel under the air vent, and on the driver side kick panel!! I'd rather not tear the vehicle apart checking all these locations if I can avoid it. Any directions from someone who's done this before would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all-

CB

Old 07-11-2006, 04:19 AM
cvwbecker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central Timer Module on a 98 Durango

I answered my own question. For any future 1998 D owners, the CTM is located under the passenger side air vent to the right of the glove box. I solved my problem by simply disconnecting the battery, pulling the CTM, reseating the plugs, and reconnecting the battery. Good as new!! I'd recommend other folks try that before dropping $150+ at the dealer for a new Central Timer Module.

CB

Quick Reply: Central Timer Module on a 98 Durango