1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

03 Durango R/T 5.9L Bolt-Ons

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 02:09 AM
alexadams77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Durango R/T 5.9L Bolt-Ons

I've only had my ride for a few days and I'm ready to mod it. I've been reading alot of posts, but most of them contradict the other. So, I was wondering what are the top 5 or more best bolt-on mods? I'm looking for HP and some get up and go.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:24 AM
1 bad durango
Professional
Default RE: 03 Durango R/T 5.9L Bolt-Ons

try headers and a true dual exhaust #2 fastman big bore tb 52 mm #3 cold air intake make your own or buy one #4 185 thermostat then you can try a hypertech programmer or another one some people get good results some none at all

Old 07-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

Cold Air Intake, I went with K&N but there are others. I also slapped a Flowmaster 40 series under my truck and it gave it some more grunt when taking off. Let me know what you find.....

Old 07-23-2006, 10:24 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I like Bad's comments, but I'll add my own.

1. 52MM bored TB from thefastman.com
2. 3 inch cat back MagnaFlow exhaust.
3. Headers.
4. Mopar Flash or other from socaldakota.com
5. 180 degree thermostat.

Now start on one and let us know how it is. I'm sure you will like it.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depends on how much you are willing to initially spend:

Low starting budget,

Cold air intake and Cat back exhaust
M1 intake manifold and Fastman 52mm TB upgrades.

Large starting budget,

All of the above plus
instead of catback exhaust, go with GSM true dual exhaust - GSM makes a exact custom fit for first gen Durangos
headers
Mopar PCM flash upgrade

As my D is finally paid off, I now have some money to slowly upgrade my Durango. Will start with Mopar cold air intake and M1 intake manifold and Fastman 52 mm TB upgrade. I selected the Mopar CAI to maintain the stock look by having mopar name stamped on the kit. I haven't made up my mind if I want to go with GSM or catback exhaust. If wifey will let me spend the bucks to bolt on a supercharger, I'll go with GSM, if not, I'll go with catback exhaust.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:17 AM
Jpondo5.9
Professional

dude kensai if your wife lets you get that supercharger you HAve to let me know how it goes.. I have been dreaming of doing that to my durango sense I first rode one back when I was 16... Thats what I am planing on doing.. but If I get the supercharger does the flash go down the drane? and can you still have the ne TB and M1 intake manifold? My next upgrade was going to be the intake manifold and the TB.. and then a flash.. but if I want to supercharge what do you guys think? and yeah new headers for sure...

Old 07-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jpondo5.9

dude kensai if your wife lets you get that supercharger you HAve to let me know how it goes.. I have been dreaming of doing that to my durango sense I first rode one back when I was 16... Thats what I am planing on doing.. but If I get the supercharger does the flash go down the drane? and can you still have the ne TB and M1 intake manifold? My next upgrade was going to be the intake manifold and the TB.. and then a flash.. but if I want to supercharge what do you guys think? and yeah new headers for sure...
I think if you buy the supercharger kit, it comes with its own custom PCM module or something to reprogram the PCM module. A few users that posted on this forum that had a supercharger loves the very noticable extra punch on acceleration. Still talking with wifey. She'll problaby let me but it may be sometime next year. Now I am shopping around for what type of superchargers are readily available as a simple bolton package to my existing motor. Are centrifugal type better or Roots type better. I may like the sound of the supercharger be silent so I can drive around town as a sleeper D ready to waste someone! haha

Old 07-27-2006, 10:45 PM
1 bad durango
Professional

hey when it comes to the new manifold and tb dont spend the money on a custom flash ,you really wont see a difference,those two things your factory computer will learn ,as for superchargers go ati they run intercoolers

Old 07-28-2006, 12:58 AM
alexadams77

What does GSM stand for and do you have the link to their site?

Old 07-28-2006, 03:59 AM
Jpondo5.9
Professional

I was wanting to replace headers and intake man. and TB and put in another intercooler and a more heavy duty Rad.. then supercharger.. I was thinking about the PROCHARGER Polished HO Intercooled with P-1SC -- 8 To 9 PSI... I thought that might be the way to go.. but I have to save first and get small stuff done.. but have you heard any thing bad about the procharger? if so any coments... because this is like 4.5geez to put into my durango I don't want to mess up..

Quick Reply: 03 Durango R/T 5.9L Bolt-Ons