Faulty Idle (2001 Durango)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 05:15 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Faulty Idle (2001 Durango)

Stocktonpi,

Realize this was a 3 year old post did ya?

Happens to all of us.

IndyD

Old 05-28-2016, 10:49 AM
elheffy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a comment....once again another consumer screwed by the stealerships of the world. No answers, but no problem taking your hard earned money. You don't paying as long as you get satisfaction...just like the weather your told one thing and another happens!!!!!,

Now to the Durango...great truck but man it can be a bear trying to figure out engine problems...it is almost like Dodge made it impossible to do even simple stuff. I have replaced the following in the past year...new shocks, new inner and outer tire rods, new hubs, water pump, ball joints upper and lower, rear shackles, exhaust, new map, tps and iac sensors, new coil, wires, three sets of plugs, distributor, propeller shaft, etc. etc. etc.

I have owned my D for 14 yrs great ride..until I hit 115,000 miles. I was told the same thing by another D owner wait until you get to 115,000 watch out!!! I thought the guy had bad luck, little did I know!!!!!!!!!!!! After multiple trips to various garages with no satisfaction..I learned one thing....DO IT YOURSELF IF YOU CAN!!!!! I can and have done all of the above myself...you may say get rid of the truck, but it started with a click and a skip and bammm. Know all is well...I know what is fixed and done correctly and to be patient and do some research like the Dodge Forum site...it takes fellow brothers and sisters who own these vehicles to post what they went through..that helps guide you. I leave with this...

I bought the best plugs double platinum plugs, 5years guaranteed...truck barely ran, told to use the plugs that were in the truck, I did regular Autolite platinum plugs, still ran rough...what could it be? A fellow Dodge Durango owner said try the copper plugs, the cheapest plugs...guess what...that was it, after three days of anguish going over and over a simple tune up..it was a the cheapest thing I have ever done on my D....who Knew!!!!!! Just some food for thought

Quick Reply: Faulty Idle (2001 Durango)