1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Towing info?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Towing info?

Is anyone familiar with tow bars in order to tow another vehicle directly on the ground. I am searching for this stuff for my wifes xA so that I don't have to make 2 trips from NY to NV. I need to know all of the parts I would need to have so that I can figure out the most cost effective way to make my move. I know I need the tow bar, brackets to hook to the car, and a safety cable. Also has anyone gotten the cheapo lights that you can plug into your tails that have a wire spliced in order to use trailer lights for the D? I used them once on my mothers bronco II but since the lighting is all sealed up I don't know if I would be able to do this in the D. I am not looking to spend a fortune and I figure for now it would be cheaper than buying a wiring harness for the D and another wiring harness for the Scion. I am looking to just get some magnetic lights to put on the back of the Scion and hook them up directly to the tails.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:17 PM
89Daytona
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Towing info?

Harbor freight has the magnetic tow lights for $25 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94413

You can hurt the transmission of the vehicle being towed if it is towed with all wheels on the ground http://www.rvknowhow.com/dinghy.html

A tow dolly (the type one of a car is put onto) can be rented fairly cheaply. The whole car dolly is closer to $100 for two days.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Towing info?

Car dolly is 500 bux from NY to NV one way and uhaul doesn't want me to use it... I'll call toyota and ask them about the tranny if it can be done or not.

Quick Reply: Towing info?