1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 08:55 AM
RI Indy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Hi Guys /Gals New guy here. Got a question hoping someone can answer. Just bought a 03 Durango this SUV is in excellant shape. It looks brand new. I was driving and felt a "pop" in the lumbar it went flat and now I can't adjust anymore. I looked under the seat and saw a black cabel from the adjustment wheel to ....who knows. Can anyone give me an idea on how to fix this. If it's beyond my mechanical ability I'll take it to Dodge.

Thank you, Frank

Old 09-17-2006, 02:17 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Help

First off Welcome to the forum.

I did a search on the forum and came back with nothing. I think your going to have to go to the dealer, if anything just for the part. If you do go, get the break down on the seat and paste it to the post or PM it to me. I will look for a brake down on the web and see if I can help you more.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah only the left half of my lumbar support works but I don't like it anyway so it doesn't matter to me...

Old 09-18-2006, 12:43 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Man I can't believe I can find anything on this. I think a dealer might be your only choice.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Digitoxin
Professional

The only other option you have is to pull the seat back cover up and check the lumbar yourself. The seat back cover has a snap hook(called a "J" hook) at the bottom . Recline the seat forward all the way, and look from behind the seat, and you will see it at the bottom of the seat back. Release it and work the seat back cover up enough to expose the frame, foam and lumbar assy. Anyway, thats how to get started. If it seems to much to deal with, then the dealer is the best bet. Hope this helped. Digitoxin.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:31 PM
RI Indy

I really appreciate you people chiming in on this problem. I think I'll look at the "J hook" and see what happens. Like I stated it sounded and felt like pop. I think the cable broke where it attaches to the lumbar. I'm going to hold off for a few more days in hopes someone can give me some hard facts. Again thanks guys!! Do any of you really think a Dodge dealer will give me any diagrams? I'm guessing .....NO![:@]

Frank

Old 09-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm guessing your right on the diagram, that's their bread and butter.