1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Stalling or no start NO BUS on odometer

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 03:20 PM
bouttep
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Help from a Dodge Buddy
No buss in odo,no fuel gauge ,no volt gauge operation? This is the best advice use the book or any new information about it.The book may tell you to change a part that it doesnt need and or it didn't fix the problem So move on.So many things can cause the network to go down, Think of the Buss as a two wire phone line that all the modules can share information on and can cause no comms between modules. wireing,conectors, wrong part, new parts and so on I have seen many failure's Pcm's,Clusters,body controle modules,radios even A/c heater control heads on the caravans,and etc.etc. I had a shorted Cam sensor causing a Durango with a 4.7 to not start but crank, the pcm and cluster were not talking on the buss due to a cam sensor short internally found by thinking why is the 5 volt referance from the new PCM the book said to change not there. A good scaner,test light a volt meter and some asprin help fix this one.WHAT i'm trying to say here is if the book say's to change a part it may be wrong.So Just be glad it's not your car or your money that you are spending unless you are working on your own car then check the sensors Cam,Crank,O2 etc. first before changeing the PCM I Hope this Helps save someone money.
can you recommend and scanner i have the same problem on a durango 2000 5.9

Old 08-11-2014, 11:04 AM
ledfoot1

I have a 2000 dodge neon after they installed my stereo the no bus and check engine came on i cant figure it out can u help please

Old 05-20-2016, 04:24 PM
Rangelalwayz

Originally Posted by JCswm
Durango only
This one Kicked my *** the first time I got one

The crankshaft sensor shorts out internally and grounds the 5V wire the modiules use to "talk" to each other.
That's all, If you have a scan tool you think lightning hit your car 'cause you can't get any info from any module
climb under the passenger side of your truck with a new crank sensor and a 10mm ..... anything, one easy bolt holds it in!
Ok so my husband and I just purchased a 2000 Dodge Durango used and since we got it we have had the issue of the panel light that says "check gauges" and the car beeping while we are driving down the road. It used to only happen when we would step on the brake of take out foot off of the gas now it's happening more often. Just in the last couple of days it has started saying "no bus" in the odometer after it's started they the check engine light going on also.
I was reading some postings in the forum and thank goodness it has not died out on me while I'm driving or anything yet.
What does anyone think I need to get done? I ask because when the check gauges light goes on n it starts beeping only the oil pressure gauge goes down to below zero. Could this be because maybe the oil pressure gauge sensor may be going out?
Please help!!! ASAP

Old 05-20-2016, 06:02 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Well I'd check the oil first if I were you. It's not for unheard of for the sensor to go bad, but ignoring it saying you have no oil pressure is not a good idea.

Quick Reply: Stalling or no start NO BUS on odometer