1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Need Highway Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 03:04 PM
GammaFord
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Highway Tires

So this question has been asked before (looked via the search engine) but I didn't quite find the answers I wanted so ... what about tires?

I'm looking for a new set of tires for my '01 D 4X4. It's primarily city/highway driven (haven't had the chance to hit the bush yet but sure looking forward to it) so all terrain is out. If I start doing heavy off road I'll buy a special set for that purpose. I've got Goodyear Wrangler P235/75R15s on right now with a 108S load/speed rating. I'm happy with the way they perform but I'm wondering if there might be a better one out there. I've seen a better Goodyear, the Fortera HL, which I would consider but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks guys and gals.

Old 07-21-2004, 04:48 PM
jasonwyo
Veteran
Default RE: Need Highway Tires

Michelin LTX AS or MS.... Extremely quiet on highways and superb tread wear. I had the MS on my pickup, does excellent in snow/ice...a little lacking in mud (i've got high expectations). Mileage wise i got about 55K out of them, could of got more, but living in Wyoming I wanted a little more tread for the winter. Only downside for 245 70R16 they cost $165 a piece. For you, it could be money well spent.

Old 07-21-2004, 08:06 PM
GammaFord

Thanks for the note but it looks like things have changed a bit. After talking with my wife she's happy getting an off-road tire that's okay for the highway. Mostly because we get a lot of snow around here and could use it in the winter. Good by me. So, now I've decided I'd go with the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S which has a great off-road rating and a very good highway ride. Now, I'm still open to tire suggestions. Sorry for the change in direction.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:23 AM
jasonwyo
Veteran

Going that route.....by all means BFG AT's....goodyears in my experience tend to cup and feather pretty pad

Quick Reply: Need Highway Tires